Monday, June 10, 2013

Strides

My son has definitely improved his behavior since implementing the lesson of the timer, and he has made some definite strides.  I am happy with the way he controls his behavior while expecting a treat in the near future.  I must truly thank my classmate and friend, Antonio, who taught me what to do.  In short, I give Junior his favorite thing (which is currently four M and M's), every time he behaves properly for a five-minute period of time.  That's it!  It is just that simple.  The continued treats encourage ongoing, long-lasting good behavior from him and he no longer has time to behave badly.  Who knew!

So without the timer, but by using my mental timer, I have implemented a successful behavior strategy that really works.  Super Parents, go out and give this technique a try!  I guarantee you will be happy with the results.  Thanks Antonio, and peace, love and happiness to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment