Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Timer

Last week my friend and classmate was very gracious and supplied me with a timer for my son, along with instructions on how to use it.  Basically, I will time the intervals of good behavior that my son displays, and when the timer goes off and he is still behaving nicely, I would then reward him with a treat.  This is a type of conditioning in order to solicit continued good behavior and deter him from throwing tantrums.

I am very grateful to my classmate for this idea.  He works with Autistic children daily, specifically in an attempt to improve their behavior.  I hope that this will be a positive solution to his tantrums, and I cannot wait to try it out.  I will keep you all updated on the results of the timer.

Thanks, friend!  And to all you Super Parents, let's get through this together!  Pease, love and happiness to you all.

1 comment: